EXPERTISE - FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
I work regularly for leading East Wing Gallery, founded in Doha and specialising in 'new perspectives through photography'. I have represented them at Photo London, Unseen Amsterdam and Paris Photo. Other clients include a project for The Photographers' Gallery and the London Institute of Photography.
I trained as a Professional Photographer at the London School of Photography in 2015/16. I regular attend workshops, courses and events at the likes of The Photographers' Gallery, Hauser & Wirth, Frieze, Autograph, Sotheby's and the V&A to keep my knowledge, skills and contacts fresh and relevant.
East Wing Gallery
My role includes:
- Editing communications prior to the launch of key photo fairs and exhibitions.
- Working with the Artistic Director to install and deinstall the East Wing booth, and liaising directly with East Wing's artists, including Mandy Barker (see below), Caleb Charland (see below), Edmund Clark, Arko Datto (see below), Cédric Delsaux, Jojakim Cortis & Adrian Sonderegger (see below) and Saane De Wilde.
- Selling artworks directly to collectors, and finalising details of the sale, as well as representing the Gallery with museums, industry figures and the media.
OTHER WORK: THE ARTS/PHOTOGRAPHY
London Institute of Photography
My work for LIoP has included:
- Website UX review, advising on new website pagination, developing key messaging & writing all website content.
- Creating the LIoP strapline: 'See, feel, capture, create'.
- Writing blog posts about my experience of LIoP courses.
Operation Earnest Voice at The Photographers' Gallery
I was the Narration Production Specialist in a team of experts in the Brexit Division of Operation Earnest Voice (OEV) - a work by Berlin-based artist Jonas Lund, which took place over four days in January 2019 at The Photographers' Gallery in London.
The work was 'part installation, part performance and part working think-tank'. It aimed to 'explore and interrogate the numerous tools, methods and strategies used to influence public opinion online, from the generation of fake followers to the fabrication of images.'
Sponsors: Mondriaan Fund, creative industries fund NL, Goethe Institut.
• • •